Capabilities of the 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty
The body of the 2017 Ford F-250 is constructed with high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy steel, which makes it significantly lighter than the previous model. Even though the Ford F-250 Super Duty weighs less, it's remarkably strong, boasting impressive towing and payload capacities.
- 2017 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity: The 2017 Ford F-250's maximum rating for conventional towing is 18,000 pounds when configured with a crew cab, rear-wheel drive, and a 6.7L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8.
- Payload Capacity of the 2017 Ford F-250: Depending on how it's equipped, the 2017 Ford F-250 can carry up to 4,200 pounds of payload.
2017 F-250: Engines and Power
The 2017 Ford F-250 has two V8 engines in its lineup. Each delivers mammoth power and torque while maintaining smooth, balanced handling when hauling heavy loads. The Ford F-250 comes with a six-speed automatic transmission designed for a heavy-duty, high-torque performance.
- 6.7L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8: The 2017 Ford F-250's available turbo diesel engine delivers 440 horsepower and 925 lb-ft of torque, which are both best in class. The new Ford TorqShift® SelectShift® six-speed automatic transmission is engineered for torque-heavy performances and mated to the F-250's turbo diesel.
- 6.2L FFV Gas V8: The gas-powered, flex-fuel capable 2017 Ford F-250 delivers 430 lb-ft of torque and up to 385 horsepower. This engine comes paired to a TorquShift SelectShift six-speed automatic transmission with big gears designed for maximum durability.
Ford F-250 Technology and Connectivity
The 2017 Ford F-250 is a pickup truck designed to maximize productivity. That's why it's available with several innovative technology features, including safety and connectivity features. Some of the technology features on the Ford F-250 include:
- SYNC® 3: The 2017 Ford F-250's available SYNC® 3 infotainment system comes with voice-activated technology, a capacitive touchscreen, and Siri® seamless integration. It's also available with navigation and designed to keep you connected and focused on driving.
- Lane Departure Warning: The 2017 Ford F-250 is available with several road-monitoring technologies that help you drive confidently, including Lane Departure Warning. If you start drifting out of your lane, the F-250's steering wheel will vibrate, alerting you to get back on track.
Test Drive a 2017 F-250 at Richmond Ford West
The 2017 Ford F-250 is a bullish, muscular pickup truck that's ready to put in long hours and hard labor. If you think the 2017 Ford F-250 is the right pickup truck for you, schedule a test drive at Richmond Ford West, serving communities in Glen Allen, Ashland, Short Pump, and beyond.