Ford Explorer at a Glance
The 2017 Ford Explorer is available in five trims: Explorer, XLT, Limited, Sport, and Platinum. Each comes with three spacious rows of seating to accommodate up to seven passengers.
- The 2017 Ford Explorer has five trim levels to choose from.
- The Explorer seats up to seven in three rows.
- The Explorer holds up to 81 cubic feet of cargo.
When its seats are folded down, the Explorer provides up to 81.7 cubic feet of cargo space, making it easy to store cargo and equipment wherever you go. The Explorer's available class-exclusive PowerFold® third-row seat collapses at the touch of a button and provides the convenience you need when your hands are full.
2017 Ford Explorer Engines and Power
With three potent engines to choose from, the 2017 Ford Explorer provides the power you need for carpool, off-road adventures, and everything in between.
- A 290-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine comes standard.
- An available 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 delivers a best-in-class 365 horsepower.
- A 2.3-liter EcoBoost® V6 kicks out 280 horsepower and unsurpassed highway fuel economy.
- A six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission comes standard.
A standard 3.5-liter V6 produces 290 horsepower. Shoppers can upgrade to a 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 with turbocharging and direct injection to get best-in-class 365 horsepower or opt for a 2.3-liter EcoBoost® to enhance the Explorer's fuel economy.
Each engine is paired to a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. The Explorer's transmission shifts gears seamlessly and delivers a controlled, smooth performance wherever your journey leads.
Ford Explorer Towing and Off-Road Capability
With its potent powertrain and sturdy design, the 2017 Ford Explorer is ready for your next adventure. Available features like Hill Descent ControlTM and Intelligent 4WD with Terrain ManagementTM deliver a controlled ride on most road conditions, and Adaptive Cruise Control adjusts your speed to match traffic patterns.
- 5,000 pounds of towing provides the strength you need to haul heavy loads.
- The Explorer's available Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management optimizes traction.
- An optional Adaptive Cruise Control system continually monitors your speed.
Along with these features, the 2017 Ford Explorer provides the muscle you need to tow your weekend toys. The Ford Explorer tows up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped, and available features like Hill Start Assist help you to stay in control when you're in for the long hall.
Test Drive a 2017 Ford Explorer at Richmond Ford West
The 2017 Ford Explorer is an incredible full-size crossover that combines capability and utility in a sleek, sophisticated package. If you're shopping for an SUV near Glen Allen, Ashland, or Short Pump, here's why you should consider a 2017 Ford Explorer:
- The Ford Explorer can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
- With its 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6, the Explorer gets a best-in-class 365 horsepower.
- The Explorer provides seating for seven passengers and more than 80 cubic feet of cargo space.
If you're ready to get behind the wheel of a Ford Explorer, schedule a test drive at Richmond Ford West, conveniently located at 10751 West Broad Street, Glen Allen, VA 23060.