The needs of every business are different, so the 2016 Ford Transit offers a long list of design options to meet your company's unique demands. You'll find the Ford Transit cargo van in a variety of industries, and Richmond Ford West explores its capabilities, available design configurations, and upfit options below. Small business owners in Short Pump, Ashland, and Glen Allen can learn more about the 2016 Ford Transit in the following vehicle review.
2016 Ford Transit: Wheelbases and Body Lengths
The 2016 Ford Transit offers flexibility and versatility to help businesses succeed. From making deliveries to visiting clients, the multi-talented Ford Transit cargo van offers dozens of customization options to fit your business needs, like three body lengths, roof heights, and engines. The 2016 Transit cargo van and passenger wagon are available in the following configurations:
- Ford Transit Van
- 126-inch load floor with 130-inch wheelbase
- 143.7-inch load floor with 148-inch wheel base
- 172.2-inch load floor with 148-inch wheelbase/extended body
- Ford Transit Passenger Wagon
- Standard eight-passenger seating or available 10-passenger aisle seating with 130-inch wheelbase
- 12- or available 15-passenger seating with 148-inch wheelbase
- Standard 15-passenger isle seating with 148-inch wheelbase/extended body with increased cargo space
Capabilities and Capacities of the 2016 Ford Transit
The 2016 Ford Transit carries large cargo capacities and heavy payloads to maximize productivity. Whether you're running a small business or corporate fleet, the Transit is designed to help achieve your business goals and meet your bottom line.
- Ford Transit Cargo & Payload
- The 2016 Ford Transit Van offers a cargo capacity of up to 487.3 cubic feet.
- The Transit Van can carry up to 4,560 pounds of payload.
- Store ladders on the Transit Van's roof, which has a hauling capacity of up to 420 pounds.
- Ford Transit Towing Capability
- The Transit's maximum towing capability is 7,500 pounds.
- Available Trailer Brake Controller works with the anti-lock brakes to synchronize the Transit and trailer brakes for smooth braking while towing heavy loads.
- Trailer Sway Control helps to maintain control of the Ford Transit, even when you're towing heavy loads.
2016 Ford Transit Engines and Performance
Efficiency is a top concern for most business owners. Luckily, the Ford Transit offers three engines designed to deliver a high performance that maximizes efficiency:
- The Transit's standard 275-horsepower 3.7L V6 comes with twin independent variable cam timing technology, which is engineered to reduce emissions and improve efficiency.
- A 3.5L EcoBoost® engine uses direct injection and turbocharging to deliver 310 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- An available direct-injected 3.2L Power Stroke® inline I-5 Turbo Diesel is designed to balance power and efficiency, delivering 185 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Ford Transit Upfits
Whether your trade is plumbing, catering, construction, or transportation, the 2016 Ford Transit offers dozens of configurations and upfits to help achieve your business goals. In fact, 12 upfitters are located 30 miles from the Transit's assembly plant in Kansas City, MO, and each offers an array of cargo management options, including drawers, dividers, and storage cabinets.
Test Drive a 2016 Transit at Richmond Ford West
The 2016 Ford Transit gives drivers in the Glen Allen, Short Pump, and Ashland, VA, areas the towing capability and storage they need to complete their daily work tasks or any of their business needs. If you're ready to schedule a test drive in the Ford Transit, contact our dealership today.