The 2016 Ford Transit Connect offers capabilities to fit variety of business needs. Available in three lengths, three roof heights, two wheel bases, and more, the 2016 Ford Transit Connect is designed to deliver results for any job.
Business owners in Short Pump, Ashland, and Glen Allen can read more about the 2016 Ford Transit Connect in Richmond Ford West's vehicle review. Learn about the Ford Transit's available configurations, powertrains, and capabilities in the post below.
Ford Transit Connect Configurations
The needs of every business are different, and the Transit Connect can be configured in dozens of ways to meet your unique demands. Whether you're making deliveries or visiting clients, the 2016 Ford Transit Connect offers flexibility and versatility to carry out business operations successfully. Shoppers can opt for a Transit Connect Passenger Wagon or a Transit Connect Van and short- and long- wheel bases.
Transit Connect Passenger Wagon
- The short-wheelbase Passenger Wagon is available in Transit XLT trims and offers seating for five or 77.1 cubic feet of storage space behind its front seats. Its second-row seats tumble, fold, and flip out of the way when you need extra cargo room. If you need more storage space, you can remove the second row seats entirely.
- The long-wheelbase Passenger Wagon offers standard seating for seven, available seating for six, or more than 104 cubic feet of storage space behind front seats. It's available in Transit XL, XLT, and Titanium trims.
Transit Connect Van
- The short-wheelbase Transit Connect Van offers nearly 104 cubic feet of storage space behind the front seats, more than 124 cubic feet of storage space with the passenger seats folded, and nearly 1,500 pounds of payload.
- The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Van offers 128 cubic feet of storage behind the front seats, 149 cubic feet of storage with the passenger seats folded, and more than 1,600 pounds of payload.
Ford Transit Connect Powertrains
The 2016 Ford Transit Connect offers two engines in its lineup, and each is paired to a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission. Engineered to deliver on every job, the Transit Connect combines power and efficiency to help you complete any task successfully.
- A 2.5L Duratec® I-4 engine makes 169 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque. It also gets an EPA-estimated 28 highway mpg rating for Transit Connect Vans and 27 highway mpg rating for Transit Connect Passenger Wagons.
- An available 1.6L EcoBoost I-4 gas engine produces 178 horsepower, 184 lb-ft of torque, and delivers an EPA-estimated 29 mpg highway rating.
Transit Connect Upfits
No matter the job, the Transit Connect offers a variety of upfits to meet the needs of a variety of industries, including plumbing, construction, and catering. Some customization options include:
- Cabinets, drawers, bins, and dividers available at storage management suppliers
- Transforming your exterior into a mobile billboard displaying company's graphic
Test Drive a 2016 Ford Transit Connect
If you need a commercial fleet for your business in Glen Allen, Ashland, or Short Pump, the 2016 Ford Transit could be the right option. Here are a few reasons to consider a 2016 Ford Transit:
- The Transit Connect Passenger Wagon with a long wheelbase offers seating for up to seven occupants.
- When properly equipped, the Transit Connect gets up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg highway.
- Upfits let you customize the Transit Connect to meet the needs of your business.
Richmond Ford West can help you find the right Transit Connect for your business needs, so stop by our showroom to take a test drive today.