Offering a rock-solid performance and beefed-up capabilities, the 2016 Ford Super Duty is the most powerful pickup in Ford's F-Series. Many pickup truck shoppers across Ashland, Glen Allen, and Short Pump are interested in learning about the capabilities placing the 2016 Ford Super Duty at the top of the food chain, so Richmond Ford West put together a review of its features.
Learn about the 2016 Ford Super Duty's muscular design, power, and capabilities before taking a test drive at Richmond Ford West.
2016 Ford Super Duty Performance Specifications
Whether you opt for the 2016 Ford Super Duty's gas or diesel engine, this pickup provides plenty of strength to get you through the workday. Each V8 offers beastly capabilities and class-leading power to deliver a performance that gets the job done.
- 2016 Ford Super Duty Gas Powertrain: The Super Duty's standard 6.2L gas V8 engine offers best-in-class 385 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque. Engineered to optimize power, the 2016 Ford Super Duty's next-generation gas V8 makes a great companion at any work site.
- Ford Super Duty Diesel Performance: An available 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine utilizes a new, larger turbocharger between the cylinder heads to deliver power on command. The result is best-in-class 440 horsepower and 860 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Ford Super Duty's turbo diesel engine also gets a best-in-class fuel economy.
- Ford Super Duty Transmission: A six-speed TorqShift® SelectShift® automatic transmission is engineered with large, robust gears to take on the demands of heavy-duty torque performances. Whichever Super Duty engine you opt for, its six-speed delivers smooth shifts and speed transitions for a controlled ride quality.
Capabilities of the 2016 Ford Super Duty
The 2016 Ford Super Duty gets a best-in-class 40,400-lb gross combination weight rating, which means it can tow and haul heavy loads without breaking a sweat. Available suspension packages take the Ford Super Duty's capabilities to the next level, helping you finish the job successfully.
- Ford Super Duty Maximum Towing: When equipped with its 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Hitch Trailer Tow Prep Package, the 2016 Ford Super Duty can tow 31,200 pounds. Tow/haul mode and engine-exhaust braking work together to maintain a controlled performance and reduce downhill brake wear when carrying heavy loads with your Ford Super Duty.
- Payload Capacity of the 2016 Ford Super Duty: The Super Duty can haul up to 7,050 pounds when properly equipped. When hauling heavy payloads, the Super Duty's available class-exclusive tailgate step makes loading the truck bed as easy as possible.
Ford Super Duty Technology Features
Hop inside the Ford Super Duty's cabin and you'll find a spacious mobile office with technology features that help you work smart. The Super Duty's available technology put the world at the tips of your fingers, making it easier than ever to call clients, place orders, or listen to your favorite music while making deliveries.
- SYNC with MyFord® or SYNC with MyFord Touch®: Available voice-activated SYNC comes with a touchscreen, voice recognition, music streaming, and more, allowing you to stay in touch and entertained while your eyes are on the road and hands are on the wheel. Upgrade to SYNC with MyFord® Touch® for enhanced capabilities.
- LCD Productivity Screen: Information about the Ford Super Duty's fuel economy, towing, and more is a glance away with the available LCD productivity screen. A 4.2-inch multicolor display shows important stats about the Super Duty's performance so that way you can adjust your driving accordingly.
Test Drive a Ford Super Duty at Richmond Ford West
Drivers in Ashland, Glen Allen, and Short Pump can get more information about the Ford Super Duty at Richmond Ford West. If you think the 2016 Ford Duty is the right pickup truck for you, contact us today to schedule a test drive at Richmond Ford West.