The 2016 Ford Explorer offers a family-friendly design and several adventure-ready features. Many SUV shoppers in Glen Allen, Ashland, and Short Pump are interested in learning more about the 2016 Ford Explorer, so Richmond Ford West put together a review of its key features below. If you're interested in finding out more about the 2016 Ford Explorer, keep reading!
2016 Ford Explorer Performance Specifications
The 2016 Ford Explorer is an SUV with plenty of power under its hood. In fact, the 2016 Explorer offers three choices:
- The Explorer's standard 3.5L Ti-CVT V6 engine makes 290 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque.
- The newly available 2.3L EcoBoost engine comes with 280 horsepower, 310 lb-ft of torque, and a best-in-class fuel economy.
- An optional 3.5L EcoBoost V6 gets best-in-class 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque.
Whichever engine you choose, every 2016 Ford Explorer comes with a six-speed SelectShift Automatic® transmission. The Explorer also offers intelligent 4WD, which constantly monitors throttle, wheel speed, and steering angle to optimize traction on a variety of road surfaces.
Ford Explorer Interior
Inside, the 2016 Ford Explorer seats up to seven passengers. The Explorer comes with leather trim or cloth upholstery and features new stitching patterns. It's hard not to be overwhelmed by the Explorer's spacious, artfully crafted interior, especially with available luxury features like:
- Heated and cooled front seats
- A 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support
- A leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel
2016 Ford Explorer Cargo Capacity
The 2016 Ford Explorer is comfortable enough to transport the whole family but also provides the space you need to haul groceries, luggage, project supplies, and more. With the push of a button, the Explorer's class-exclusive Powerfold® third-row collapses into the floor. It comfortably sits two when upright but easily folds out of the way when you need space to haul your stuff.
- Behind the third row, the Explorer provides 21 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Along with its class-exclusive Powerfold® third row, the 2016 Ford Explorer features a 60/40 split-fold-flat second row.
- The 2016 Ford Explorer provides up to 81.7 cubic feet of cargo space when its rear seats are folded down.
2016 Ford Explorer Technology Features
The 2016 Ford Explorer offers a range of innovative technology features to keep you in touch with the digital world whenever you're on the go. Some of the Explorer's optional technology include:
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Tune into more than 150 channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk, and more with the 2016 Ford Explorer's available SiriusXM Satellite Radio system. Every Explorer driver gets a free six-month trial to the Sirius All Access Package with their vehicle purchase.
- SYNC with MyFord Touch
The voice-activated SYNC with MyFord Touch comes with a customizable 8-inch touchscreen in the center stack, dual 4.2-inch cluster screens, Wi-Fi capability, and more. With these capabilities, SYNC with MyFord lets you stay connected without losing focus on the road ahead.
Test Drive a 2016 Ford Explorer at Richmond Ford West
The 2016 Ford Explorer is a crossover SUV with a powerful performance, user-friendly technology features, and unprecedented utility. If you think the 2016 Ford Explorer is right for you, stop by Richmond Ford West to find out what this SUV has to offer. Contact us to schedule to test drive a 2016 Ford Explorer at Richmond Ford West today.