The 2016 Ford Expedition comes with a design where versatility and power take precedent. As one of the world's most widely recognized SUVs, the 2016 Ford Expedition is known for getting families from afterschool carpool to soccer practice to piano lessons in a cinch.
The Expedition is an iconic family hauler and an excellent choice for SUV shoppers in Short Pump, Ashland, and Glen Allen. Below, Richmond Ford West takes a closer look at the 2016 Expedition's cargo and seating capacity, strong capabilities, and available technology features. Keep reading to learn more.
2016 Ford Expedition Utility
The 2016 Ford Expedition comes with seating for seven or eight passengers and offers four trim levels: XLT, Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum. With features like a PowerFold® third row, a folding second row, and an available power liftgate, the 2016 Ford Expedition is designed to adapt to your needs.
- Ford Expedition Standard Cargo Capacity: The 2016 Ford Expedition provides more than 108.3 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the first row when its rear seats are folded down. If those seats are occupied, the Expedition still provides more than 18.6 cubic feet of cargo room behind the third row.
- Ford Expedition Extended Length: The 2016 Ford Expedition offers an Extended Length version across every trim, which boasts 168.3 cubic feet of passenger volume and 108.3 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the first row. If you need extra space for kids or cargo, the Expedition Extended Length has you covered.
- Towing and Hauling: The 2016 Ford Expedition can tow up to 9,200 pounds when properly equipped. It comes with standard Trailer Sway Control, which works with AdvanceTrac® with RSC® to maintain a controlled performance when hauling heavy loads.
2016 Expedition Performance
- Standard Turbocharged V6: Every 2016 Ford Expedition comes with a 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine, which uses advanced direct injection and twin air-to-air intercooled turbochargers to maximize power and performance. With its innovative engineering, the Expedition makes 365 horsepower and a best-in-class 420 lb-ft of torque.
- Six-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission: The Expedition's standard transmission comes with selectable tow/haul mode to improve performance when hauling heavy loads. Its available SelectShift® feature puts you in more control of shifting and delivers a smooth, engaging performance.
Safety and Security
To give you peace of mind, the 2016 Ford Expedition offers a suite of advanced features that monitor road conditions, help you drive confidently, and alert you when critical situations arise. The Expedition puts passenger protection first, and its smart safety features keep critical situations and danger at arm's length.
- Available Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems: Available ultrasonic sensors in the Expedition's bumpers detect certain objects and start beeping if the vehicle gets too close. As you get closer, the more quickly the Expedition beeps.
- Rearview Camera: The 2016 Ford Expedition's rear vision camera activates when you put the gear in reverse and displays the area behind your vehicle on the standard 4.2-inch center display or available 8-inch touchscreen.
Test Drive a 2016 Ford Expedition
If you're shopping for an SUV near Short Pump, Ashland, or Glen Allen, the Ford Expedition could be the right choice for you. Richmond Ford West has a wide selection of Expeditions at our showroom and can help you choose the best one for your family's driving needs.
When you're ready to get behind the wheel, test drive a 2016 Expedition at Richmond Ford West.