The 2016 Ford Escape is a slick, sporty crossover offering an athletic performance, a spacious interior, and smart technology features. With its bold design and energetic acceleration, the Escape is a versatile, user-friendly small SUV designed to put you in control.
Find out more about the 2016 Escape's aerodynamic design, strong capabilities, and available turbocharged performance in Richmond Ford West's review below. If you're shopping for a crossover near Short Pump, Ashland, or Glen Allen, keep reading to find out if the Ford Escape is right for you.
Ford Escape Engine
The 2016 Ford Escape offers three engines in its lineup, and each is paired to a six-speed automatic transmission for smooth shifts, efficient speed transitions, and spunky driving dynamics. It offers three trim levels-S, SE, and Titanium-and each delivers a dynamic, athletic performance that keeps drivers engaged.
- Standard Power: The Ford Escape's S trim comes with a standard 2.5L I-4 engine that produces 168 horsepower. Offering up to an EPA-estimated 22 city/31 highway mpg, the Escape's base engine offers a smooth, efficient performance.
- Available EcoBoost®: A 178-horsepower 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 engine is available on the Escape's SE and Titanium trims and gets up to an EPA-estimated 23 city/32 highway mpg.
- Turbocharged Performance: An available turbocharged 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 engine uses twin independent variable camshaft timing to increase the Escape's potency to 240 horsepower. Available on the SE and Titanium trims, the Escape's turbocharged engine delivers up to an EPA-estimated 22 city/30 highway mpg.
Ford Escape Capabilities
The 2016 Ford Escape is a crossover engineered for adventure. With its strong towing capacity and nimble handling, the 2016 Ford Escape is up for virtually any road trip or off-road exploit:
- Intelligent Four-Wheel Drive: The 2016 Ford Escape comes with standard front-wheel drive but offers an intelligent 4WD system that monitors traction and cornering conditions approximately every 16 milliseconds and adjusts torque distribution when needed.
- Engineered for the Long Haul: When equipped with its available 2.0L EcoBoost® I-e and Class II Trailer Tow Package, the 2016 Ford Escape offers up to 3,500 pounds of towing. It also has trailer sway control to help you haul boats, campers, and other weekend toys with confidence.
- Cargo Capacity: The 2016 Ford Escape's second-row 60/40 split seats fold down to reveal 67.8 cubic feet of cargo room. Whether you're loading groceries or packing for a road trip, the Escape provides plenty of space to organize your stuff.
2016 Ford Escape Technology Features
The Ford Escape's technology features offer a range of capabilities, from music streaming to hands-free calling. Designed to keep you in touch, entertained, and connected, the Escape's technology features bring the world to your fingertips.
- SYNC® 3: The Escape's voice-activated SYNC® 3 infotainment system comes with a user-friendly high-definition touchscreen interface, Siri® seamless integration, and available navigation. SYNC® 3 lets you personalize your driving experience and keeps you connected wherever you go.
- Rearview Camera: Every 2016 Ford Escape comes with a standard rear vision camera, which displays the area behind the vehicle on a front console screen. The camera activates when you switch into reverse and improves visibility while backing out of parking spots and driveways.
Test Drive a 2016 Ford Escape near Short Pump, VA
With its innovative design and potent powertrains, the 2016 Ford Escape offers a well-rounded crossover performance that exceeds expectations. If you're shopping for a crossover near Short Pump, Ashland, or Glen Allen, here are a few reasons to consider the 2016 Ford Escape:
- An available turbocharged EcoBoost® engine delivers up to 240 horsepower.
- The Escape offers up to 3,500 pounds of towing.
- Available SYNC® 3 provides next-generation connectivity.
Richmond Ford West has a full inventory of 2016 Escapes in our showroom. When you're ready to get behind the wheel, contact our team to schedule your test drive today.