The 2016 Ford C-MAX is a hybrid designed to get the most out of every mile. This smart and spunky hatchback is remarkably fuel efficient but also delivers a dynamic driving experience with best-in-class horsepower and a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery.
Shopping for a hybrid in Short Pump, Glen Allen, or Ashland? Learn about the 2016 Ford C-MAX's energetic performance, ultra-efficient powertrain, and slick design in Richmond Ford West's vehicle review.
Hybrid Horsepower and Performance
The 2016 Ford C-MAX is available in two trim levels: Hybrid SE and Hybrid SEL. It also offers a plug-in hybrid model, Ford Cy-MAX Hybrid Energi. Each delivers a sharp, fun-to-drive performance that maximizes power and efficiency.
Let's take a closer look at the features that make the Ford C-MAX different from other hybrids:
- Fuel Economy That Goes Further Between Fill-Ups: The 2016 Ford C-MAX Hybrid achieves up to an EPA-estimated 42 city/37 highway mpg and takes efficiency one step further by providing a next-generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide. Complete with a dual LCD next-generation screen, this system provides real-time information to help you drive the C-MAX more efficiently.
- 2016 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Powertrain: A 2.0L iVCT Atkinson-cycle I-4 hybrid engine is matched to an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission to deliver 141 horsepower. An electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery ups the C-MAX's output by 47, producing a best-in-class 188 horsepower when working together.
- Power Split Architecture: The 2016 Ford C-MAX Hybrid comes with a power-split hybrid architecture, which allows the lithium-ion battery and 2.0L I-4 gasoline-powered engine to work together or separately with the motor or generator. This enhances the C-MAX's efficiency, decreasing gas consumption and reducing your environmental footprint.
- Regenerative Braking and Brake Coach: Unlike conventional vehicles, which lose kinetic energy due to friction when you apply the brakes, the C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi Plug-In hybrid use regenerative brakes that recover more than 90 percent of that energy before sending it to the battery to use for later.
- Ford C-MAX Energi: Unlike the C-MAX Hybrid, the C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid comes with an external charge port and a larger lithium-ion battery, giving you the the option to go completely electric when you drive. It reaches a full charge overnight using the standard 120-volt convenience cord or in 2.5 hours with its available 240-volt home charging option.
2016 Ford C-MAX Interior and Design
The 2016 Ford C-MAX offers seating for five passengers and comes with a spacious, user-friendly design. Boasting best-in-class passenger volume, the Ford C-MAX Hybrid and Energi Plug-In Hybrid combine versatility and comfort like never before:
- Ford C-MAX Cargo Room: The C-MAX Hybrid provides 24.5 cubic feet of cargo room behind its second row. When its second-row 60/40 split-folding seats are down, the C-MAX Hybrid's cargo space increases to 52.6 cubic feet.
- Ford C-MAX Energi Cargo Room: With 19.2 cubic feet of storage space behind the second row, the Ford C-MAX Energi provides plenty of room to stow your gear. Its second row seats fold down to reveal up to 42.8 cubic feet of space when you need it.
Test Drive a 2016 Ford C-MAX Hybrid
Offering a spacious interior, best-in-class horsepower, and an incredible fuel economy, the 2016 Ford C-MAX Hybrid delivers versatility and efficiency like never before. It's an excellent choice for hybrid car shoppers in Glen Allen, Ashland, and Short Pump, and Richmond Ford West has a full inventory in our showroom.
Not sure if the C-MAX is right for you? Contact our team at Richmond Ford West to schedule a test drive.